[Gllug] networking guide

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed May 30 20:01:55 UTC 2007

On 30 May 2007, countd uttered the following:

> On 5/30/07, t.clarke <tim at seacon.co.uk> wrote:
>> re beginners guide to Networking -
>> I guess it depends on what aspects you are interested in.
>
> I am specifically interested in brushing up on my routing knowledge in
> Linux - am looking at aggregating a network connection over two DSL
> uplinks.

You can't do that sort of thing with ifconfig/route: look at
<http://lartc.org/> and get ready to ip(8).

The Linux networking stack can do very nearly anything: but ifconfig and
route give you access to only a tiny part of their power.

--
`On a scale of one to ten of usefulness, BBC BASIC was several points ahead
 of the competition, scoring a relatively respectable zero.' --- Peter Corlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk