[Gllug] Configuring apache to accept connections

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Tue May 22 23:44:12 UTC 2007

Hi

Mark Preston wrote:
> This is suggested in the book Core Web Application Development with PHP
> and MySQL by Marc Wandschneider, but I've just followed the link he gave

Is that just because it's an old book or something?

If you have a /etc/network/interfaces, it sounds like you may be running
something vaguely Debian-ish, in which case packages of apache2 (and
probably 1.3, fwiw) should be easily installable.

Not that there's anything wrong with doing stuff by hand from source, of
course :)

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones