[Gllug] Question re Linux compatibility of certain laptops

Tom Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 25 08:55:48 UTC 2007

Pearson, Jamie wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> This is my first time writing a question to the group and it's a very
> simple one (well, actually it's a set of simple ones). I have been told
> by an IT shop that they cannot sell me a Thinkpad R60e for me to install
> a Linux distribution on because the thinkpad does not have a dual core
> processor, which is apparently required for a Linux distribution.

It's not. Your IT shop is using some imaginative sales techniques, I'd
recommend you go somewhere that doesn't lie to you in order to sell you
a newer and more expensive laptop.

There are lots of people on this list happily using Thinkpads that
pre-date dual core processors, and they're not running Windows :)

Regards,
Tom SW
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk