[Gllug] List back

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon May 14 18:52:35 UTC 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Chris Bell wrote:

>    What kind of spec do you really need? Does it need to be a very high
> spec, or just reliable?

Good point - my question was kind of meaningless without that information.

I'm looking at buying a server to be an IMAP/POP3 service so it needs lots
of storage and to be able to handle lots of sessions.  That one is fairly
easy as it's just a matter of a reasonably decent storage subsystem.

I have a spare poweredge box (dual Xeon, 4GB RAM) which I will use for the
email filtering and mailing list server. I know this will waste watts
however I think it's worth it as I already have the server and only need
to install disks into it.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk