[Gllug] Problems with ps2pdf

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Fri May 25 06:21:13 UTC 2007

I have 3 Ubuntu 7.04 machines and a postscript file I wish to convert to pdf
using ps2pdf.

2 of them work fine the 3rd freezes and I'm not sure why.

ps2pdf on the 3rd machine actually complete eventually after about 50 secs,
but the machine has to swap heavely. This machine has 1G of memory (the
other two where it runs ok have 1/2G and 1/4G and takes just under 1secs
acording to time)

I'm wondering if the problem could be libraries or some ghost script option
but I'm at a loss to know where to look.

I can get simular problem when printing pdf files using cups on this
computer (but not on the other two)
so I think the problem is with ghostscript. As gs file.pdf freezes on this
machine too.

oh ps2pdf just calls gs with the correct switches from what I can work out.

all 3 machines are using gs-esd.

Any ideas of even what to look at would be most useful

Peter.