[Gllug] networking guide

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Wed May 30 07:47:34 UTC 2007

re beginners guide to Networking -
I guess it depends on what aspects you are interested in.
I found the O'Reilly TCP/IP book very good  - but that may not be the depth
to which you wish to go.
Maybe a good start would be to use google to search for useful articles on the
net - there is a wealth of information out there on pretty well every subject
under the sun, so you should find stuff which you will find helpful.
I have a linux book myself covering various aspects and, as you say, it is
pretty out of date.  Unfortunately linux moves so quickly it seems, that books
usually lag well behind (and maybe the man pages as well !)

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk