[Gllug] Recommendations please for FAST Remote X Window desktop on Windows

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Wed May 30 10:38:08 UTC 2007

Fro various reasons I need to set this up at a client. I have not done
this for a while, and last time it was all horribly slow.

The server in question is running Debian Etch and has both Gnome and KDE
installed. Desktop to be displayed on XP. Client needs it to be this way
so sensible comments regarding SSH console-based admin are redundant,
thank you.

  :)

I have tried using Xming and VNC4 for simplicity: both of these work but
are really rather too slow to be pleasant (100Mbps network).

Before I slog through all the various options for remoting the display,
I just wanted to ask the assembled expertise what they have found to
work well and quickly? Or how to best tune for speed?

Thanks IA !

MeJ
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk