[Gllug] debian Sarge Apache2 php not working

Rhys Powell stanley12 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 14 14:33:44 UTC 2007

Hello All,
	Just recently run a dist-upgrade on a remote debian box that I have.
Being a fedora bod at heart and possibly believing all the hype that
debian was good at this I had no fears, seems I was a bit too trusting
as now its not recognising php as an appropriate mime type.

I've had a fish around and both php4 and php5 appear to be installed, so
tried to apt-get libapache2-mod-php4 (and 5) and both fail to install.
php4 is in the mods-available directory but once the symlink from
mods-enable is setup it fails for libapachephp4.so missing.

Not really sure what to do next to get the box back on the straight and
narrow.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

Rhys