[Gllug] List back

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:18:48 UTC 2007

On 5/14/07, Mike Brodbelt <mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>They also have HPs iLo, which is kinda crap*, but it's something I suppose.

Coming from a Sun background, I was horrified at the junk that's being
passed off as a "lights out manager" in the PC world, and in
particular, in Compaq/HP machines. Yes, it works... sometimes... if
you happen to be sitting in front of a suitable client, with
sufficient bandwidth. You can forget about fixing a problem with your
mobile phone, though, which I used to do occasionally with our Sun kit
when out and about.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk