[Gllug] Converts to Linux

Alex Smith asmith at asmhosting.com
Wed Nov 7 12:13:03 UTC 2007

>> I anticipate the next problem will be .docx files. It is really a shame
>> that OpenOffice have still not taken this on. We have a real opportunity
>> with MS users starting
>> to receive .docx files and being expected to shell out £££ for Office 2007

As much as I don't like office 2007 that's not true.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

Microsoft know theres changes and rather than making people do that they
released that above link instead.

Also in term's of OOo there's a fair bit of information on MSDN about
the file structure[1], they are after all claiming it's an open format.

Regards,

Alex

[1] For example -
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa338205.aspx#office2007aboutnewfileformat_structureoftheofficexmlformats