[Gllug] SSH Server Side Port Forward Configuration?

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Wed Nov 14 08:52:49 UTC 2007

Andy Farnsworth wrote:
> Ken Smith wrote:
>
>> {snip}
>>
>> Is it there a way that the server (sshd) could have a config file that
>> sets up a port forward as a default configuration that is established
>> automatically when a connection is established. I appreciate there might
>> be security implications with it. But can it be done....
>>

> Ken,
>   Not that I am aware of, however, it is possible on the client
> connection to specify the fact that a reverse tunnel is connected back
> to the client that is accessible from other computers on the network.
> It would also be possible to run the sshd server on your client
> computers and the ssh client on the server and establish a connection /
> tunnel that way. (say via cron)
>
> Andy

Thanks Andy, I suspected so, my man page hunting revealed nothing. The
idea was to simplify a non-technical clients login to an SSH service
over the net and get round their having to create the correct port
forwards at their end of the link. Oh well it was a good idea....

:-)

Ken

believed to be clean.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk