[Gllug] SSH Server Side Port Forward Configuration?

Ziya Suzen ziya at suzen.net
Wed Nov 14 09:55:09 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 10:59 PM, Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org> wrote:
> Is it there a way that the server (sshd) could have a config file that
> sets up a port forward as a default configuration that is established
> automatically when a connection is established. I appreciate there might

I've never heard of that. But I would use authorized_keys file to
specify some connection properties. This implies using public key
authentication, but once it's setup it's easy to use. If your only
concern is port forwarding (poor-mans VPN), on the other hand you can
have one generic user account with a key (in authorized_keys file) for
each of your users who you want to give access to.

I have not tried this my self but I imagine an stunnel setup might
help too. I haven't 'really' used stunnel at all so I would be
interested in this as well.

Hope it helps.

--Ziya
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk