[Gllug] VoIP at home, softphone, interoperability

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Wed Nov 28 18:13:08 UTC 2007

Chris Jones <cmsj at tenshu.net> writes:

> Hi
>
> Rich Walker wrote:
>> For SIP, I need to find a client, try to configure it, work out I need a
>
> It's a little unfair to directly compare Skype and SIP. Skype is a
> service, SIP is a protocol.
> Go get a wengo account, it works just like Skype with the simple
> username/password login, but uses SIP underneath the hood.

I have a recollection of trying that while battering my head against
SIP.

In the end, I worked out that using telediscount was cheaper than
spending my time trying to get SIP to behave...

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
technical director     251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk