[Gllug] Advice on becoming a (pro-Linux) IT consultant

raphy perez raphy_02_4 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 19:45:51 UTC 2007

> I'm in my 20s and considering a career change into full-time IT. I use Linux
> myself, plus am knowledgeable on Mac and Windows, and in my current work
> have found myself being the person who sorts out the IT even though it's not
> officially my principle role (doing pretty much everything from setting up
> Joomla-managed websites to installing new systems).
>
> I'm wondering how feasible it would be for me (I have no official IT
> qualifications) to make the switch into IT work full time, perhaps as some
> form of consultant or directly employee?
>
> How valuable are certifications like Red Hat Linux Certified
> Technician/Engineer? If they are valuable, which sort of certification is
> best from a career point of view (RedHat, Novell)? I have a Linux bias:
> would it be a mistake to ignore Windows Servers and getting related
> certifications?
>
> Toby

Hello,

I'm new in GLLUG and I want share ideas and knowledge(and whatever else also).

Me too I want to get a job in the domain of Linux server. So if anybody can advise me a website which give ad in Linux job or anything which can help me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Retrouvez Windows Live Messenger sur votre mobile !
http://www.messengersurvotremobile.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk