[Gllug] Thinkpads

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Fri Nov 30 10:11:30 UTC 2007

We sell Thinkpads (that's not an offer or soliciting customers!).

The point is, Lenovo formally support Linux. Ours run Debian.

Richard is completely correct, and Lenovo will in any case request that
the HDD is removed before a unit is returned, so the point is generally
moot. The only exception is when the warranty claim is for the HDD, and
running Linux on it will not affect the claim.

It's also practically moot because we have never processed a warranty
claim on a Thinkpad chassis - in sharp contrast to Lenovo chassis! We
have seen a few Thinkpad HDD failures, of course. However we do not sell
at the PCWorld scale :)

MeJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk