[Gllug] Trouble Upgdrading to Ubuntu 7.10

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 00:08:58 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 12:00:24AM +0000, Ayodeji Audu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried upgrading to Ubuntu Gibsy Gibbon from Feisty Fawn.
>
> I get this error message:
>
> http://ng.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty-backports/Release: Unable
> to find expected entry  deb-src/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file
> (malformed Release file?)
>

> How do I resolve this?
>
> Ayo

It sounds like one of the deb-src lines is incorrect.

1) How are you performing the upgrade?
(eg aptitude, do-release-upgrade or update-manager)

2) Could you post the contents of the file /etc/apt/sources.list ?

| A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion |
| Q. Why is top posting bad ?                             |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk