[Gllug] Trouble Upgdrading to Ubuntu 7.10

Ayodeji Audu ayo_audu at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 5 15:25:58 UTC 2007

1) am using update manager for the upgrade.
2) how do i copy the contents of etc/apt/sources.list?

Ayo

On 11/5/07, John Edwards <john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 12:00:24AM +0000, Ayodeji Audu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried upgrading to Ubuntu Gibsy Gibbon from Feisty Fawn.
> >
> > I get this error message:
> >
> > http://ng.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty-backports/Release:
> Unable
> > to find expected entry  deb-src/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file
> > (malformed Release file?)
> >

> > How do I resolve this?
> >
> > Ayo
>
> It sounds like one of the deb-src lines is incorrect.
>
> 1) How are you performing the upgrade?
> (eg aptitude, do-release-upgrade or update-manager)
>
> 2) Could you post the contents of the file /etc/apt/sources.list ?
>

> --

A person with ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others,
does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a
proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a
greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished,
when others are tortured or oppressed.
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu