[Gllug] CPU Temperature

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:13:16 UTC 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 12:06 PM, Simon Perry <gllug at si-designs.co.uk> wrote:

> > The processor is a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
>
> Sounds somewhat over specified for a firewall/router/gateway I've used
> Light CV860A units from linitx.co.uk for such applications.

Thanks for that lead.  Twice the price, but excellent for where space
is at a premium.

> Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940/AM2) x 1 at
> £13.99
>
> from overclockers.co.uk and it is pretty quiet

Overclockers have that down as 0.9 sone; other more expensive fans are
measured in dB, and by my rule of thumb seem to be much louder.

> Gigabyte 3d Rocket II

I can't see that.  This looks crazy though:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-048-TR

> Simon

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk