[Gllug] Linux users - sign petition to say you use BBC web site!

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 23:40:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 09:46 +0000, Peter Childs wrote:

> I will not saying linux is perfect its not, its just a lot better than
> windows. However Windows has come a long way since the rewrite with
> NT/XP

The NT kernel is getting a bit long in the tooth, and the broken guts of
it are still broken all these years later.  Vista still uses to NT
kernel from 1995!

I had the misfortune to meet some Microsoft "programmers" on a recent
trip to Seattle.  None of them appeared to have a real clue except for
the one who was leaving to go to Apple!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk