[Gllug] Trouble Upgdrading to Ubuntu 7.10

Ayodeji Audu ayo_audu at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 6 16:23:32 UTC 2007

I have copied my sources list below.
No I have not installed automatix.
Ayo

 #See http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes for how to upgrade to
# newer versions of the distribution.

deb http://ubuntu-archive.datahop.it/ubuntu/ feisty multiverse universe
restricted main
deb-src http://ubuntu-archive.datahop.it/ubuntu/ feisty multiverse universe
restricted main #Added by software-properties

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
## distribution.
deb http://ubuntu-archive.datahop.it/ubuntu/ feisty-updates multiverse
universe restricted main
deb-src http://ubuntu-archive.datahop.it/ubuntu/ feisty-updates multiverse
universe restricted main #Added by software-properties

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu security
## team.

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## multiverse WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
## security team.

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'backports'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any review
## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
deb http://ng.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty-backports restricted
universe multiverse deb-src
http://ng.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/feisty-backports main restricted
universe multiverse

deb http://ubuntu-archive.datahop.it/ubuntu/ feisty-security multiverse
universe restricted main
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty-proposed universe multiverse
restricted main
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty-proposed universe
multiverse restricted main
deb-src http://ubuntu-archive.datahop.it/ubuntu/ feisty-security multiverse

On 11/5/07, Caroline Ford <caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 16:10 +0000, John Levin wrote:
> > Caroline Ford wrote:

> > > I wonder if this is caused by the lack of gutsy backports - and is a
> > > mistake at the server end?
> > >
> > > Caroline
> > >

> > I've got gutsy backports enabled, and am not having this problem.
> > Perhaps it could be a problem with the local server, signified by the ng
> > in the address:
> > http://ng.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty-backports/Release
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > John
>
> Do you have sources enabled too? (the error referred to deb-src)
>
> http://ng.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/gutsy-backports/Release looks
> fine
>
> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/gutsy-backports/Release looks
> identical
>
> I'm guessing a typo in /etc/apt/sources.list though
>
> Ayo -
>
> Could you open text editor and load /etc/apt/sources.list and then paste
> the contents into an email?
>
> Have you installed anything weird like automatix?
>
> Thanks
>
> Caroline
>
> --

A person with ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others,
does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a
proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a
greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished,
when others are tortured or oppressed.
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu