[Gllug] Linux users - sign petition to say you use BBC web site!

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Nov 2 21:18:36 UTC 2007

Caroline Ford wrote:
[snip]
> I note that Highfield had gone back on his figures..
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2007/11/linux_figures_1.html

You've got to love that kind of statement from a corporate marketing-droid:-

"It depends on how exactly we count the users.  If we count them one way
we get 400 but if we count them another way we get 97,600."

Yes, I'm sure we can all understand a teensy little discrepancy like
that.  It's probably down to a rounding error or something.  Oh for a
little bit of honesty.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk