[Gllug] User agents and browser compatibility

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Nov 2 19:58:14 UTC 2007

Re. the discussion on the BBC website stats,
there was recently a call for volunteers to test the passenger handling
facilities at the new St Pancras. In return you got a free ticket.
I tried to sign up, but no go on Firefox/Linux. The signup page would
not scroll down to let you finish the signup process.
I'd guess simply been tested on IE/windows.

However, a bit more relevantly, I was pricing a week's holiday car hire
yesterday. Google turned up a good few companies touting for my
business. Can't remember the company, but one kcicked back my query with
the "you are not using IE or a Mac" message. They kissed by-bye to 200
pounds of my business.
I went with holidayautos.co.uk as I've dealt with them in the past.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk