[Gllug] Thinkpads

Progga proggaprogga at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 20:07:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 07:25:22PM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:

>    I have been told that the PC World website often has loss-leader Ads with
> a very limited number of pieces available, you must order on-line as soon as
> you see the Ad, to be collected from your local branch (or delivered).

One of my acquaintances bought one a few months ago and he did this -

    0. Find the price online.  740 pounds in PCWorld and less in some other
       sites (this was R series).
    1. Goto TCR.  Asked price?  850 pounds!
    2. Run to PCWorld.
    3. They don't have it in stock but can take orders.
    4. Ordered, paid, left the store.
    5. Picked up from the store after two days.
    6. Installed Suse 10.1.  Wifi doesn't work despite having the right driver :-(