[Gllug] Monthly broadband?

Christof Meerwald cmeerw at cmeerw.org
Mon Oct 22 17:26:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:02:01 +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 16:49 +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
>> I have a friend who is coming over to the UK for just 2 months and
>> wants broadband during this time.
> They will need a BT phone line for the broadband.
>
> BT will supply a line for less than a year however they will charge a
> penalty for ceasing the service of about 3 months line rental - do make
> sure everything is in writing though.

I thought they have changed their T&Cs a few months ago and now always
charge for the first full 12 months.

> I'm not aware of any other PSTN supplier that will do a line for less
> than 12 months.

BTW, there recently was a thread in uk.telecom (see "Less than a years line
rental", Message-ID: <1191608318.338758.273750 at g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>)
where it was claimed that The Post Office do line rentals without a minimum
tie-in period. (see
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump1?catId=58000695&mediaId=19300217)

Christof

http://cmeerw.org                              sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org