[Gllug] Monthly broadband?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Oct 22 17:36:33 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 19:26 +0200, Christof Meerwald wrote:
> > BT will supply a line for less than a year however they will charge a
> > penalty for ceasing the service of about 3 months line rental - do make
> > sure everything is in writing though.
>
> I thought they have changed their T&Cs a few months ago and now always
> charge for the first full 12 months.

BT have always reserved the option of supplying for a shorter term and
you should always ask the operator if you need that as they can do it.
It's a common business requirement.

> BTW, there recently was a thread in uk.telecom (see "Less than a years line
> rental", Message-ID: <1191608318.338758.273750 at g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>)
> where it was claimed that The Post Office do line rentals without a minimum
> tie-in period. (see
> http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump1?catId=58000695&mediaId=19300217)

As that's a resold BT line I'm surprised as BT Wholesale/OpenReach do
not appear to offer a contract period less than 12 months but I may be
wrong on that.

UKFSN is able to supply PSTN lines however it's a 12 month minimum term.
If the option to offer for less than 12 months was available I'd jump at
it.

jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk