[Gllug] [OT] - Looking for a job (Part 2)

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 06:17:46 UTC 2007

On 19/10/2007, Wenceslao Requejo <W.Requejo at student.westminster.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I am still looking for a job, so I decided to get back to you all.
>
> I just graduated on BSc Software Engineering with a 1st class.
>
> I am ideally looking for a Graduate or Junior C/C++ developer position,
> Although I could consider other positions such as Linux administrator or
> LAMP developer as part time or for a short period of time to keep me
> going while I work on some C++ projects.
>
> I have commercial experience programming on C with gtk, and using PHP
> and LAMP. I also have commercial experience on other more
> administration/consultancy stuff like Radius, Syslog, Wireless Hotspot,
> etc.
>
> Academically, I completed a pretty good project, kdiabetic, an Open
> Source diabetes management application ( see www.kdiabetic.org.uk )
> written in C++ and using the QT framework.
>
> Please get back to me on or off list with any comments or questions, and
> please check my website for more information about my project
> (www.kdiabetic.org.uk)

Hmm Interesting, (says a fellow diabetic (Type 1 in my case))

Silly question but what restrictions in the GPL stop it from being
downloadable? Surly the GPL says something along the lines of must be used
at your own risk and no support is given.

I doubt any case would stand up in court anyway....

Peter.