[Gllug] Linking to newly installed library

Iain Conochie iain at shihad.org
Tue Oct 9 16:10:30 UTC 2007

Hello people,

    I have a question for you lot :). Is it possible to link to
libraries that have been installed _after_ the binary that needs the
link to them? e.g. I have php installed on a server, and the mcrypt
functions are missing. Is it possible to install this library and then
re-link the php binaries to use it? Or do I have to install mcrypt and
then re-compile php? I really suspect the latter but would like to know

Cheers

Iain
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk