[Gllug] decent/quick server supplier

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 19:02:45 UTC 2007

On Wed 10 Oct, Aaron Trevena wrote:

> Hi gllugers,
>
> I've just started a new contract at a company in london, and we need a
> testing server in the office that roughly matches the spec of the
> production servers and I'm hoping we can get it in the office and
> running in days rather than weeks.
>
> Looking for somebody who can supply something like a dual high end
> intel cpu, with 3 or 4 gb RAM, 2 or 4 x 60 GB SAS HDD, decent mobo,
> etc - likely to be sitting on the floor rather than in a rack.

   Do you mean one Dual thread/core CPU? I have a couple of boxes running on
Fujitsu-Siemens motherboards with one 3.6 GHz Pentium 4 and Intel chipset,
no problems installing either i386 or amd64 series Debian Etch, plenty more
available from 3ADL, single IDE plus four SATA, Gigabit ethernet, sound,
video on board, plenty of spare sockets, choice of case style (I prefer a
larger case with plenty of cooling and top-of-the-range PSU). Excellent
prices.

Phone 020 8838 5511, http://www.3adl.com

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk