[Gllug] No Expo this year

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Mon Oct 8 07:53:31 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 03:59:48PM +0100, Sean Tohill wrote:

> donations from companies would be welcome. maybe charge attendees to
> make sure we can keep tabs on numbers. online registration.

if you are looking for software to help with this, could I recommend Act,

	http://act.mongueurs.net/

which I'm currently using for LPW '07

	http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2007/
	(thanks sean!)

and so far, I'm pretty pleased with it as its taking away a lot of the time
consuming admin from me (talk management, user registration, being able to
point people at a wiki).

> the problem would be the organisation, which would require several people.

my personal recommendation is that there should only be 1 or 2 people who
are the organisers and then just call on a pool of volunteers. i'm happy
to put a list together of the jobs volunteers did after the LPW if it helps
kick start any sort of Linux event.

G.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk