[Gllug] Batch Text Replacement

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Oct 30 20:51:56 UTC 2007

On 30 Oct 2007, damion yates told this:

> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Nix wrote:
>
>> On 29 Oct 2007, Tethys verbalised:
>> > Your "nifty GUI" probably doesn't exist, and for good reason.
>> > There is no way you'll be able to replicate the power of the
>> > command line in a GUI.
>
>> A lot of this would be solved if only there was some worthwhile GUI
>> metaphor for pipelines. I mean I still wouldn't use it (RSI has made
>> mice death for me) but everyone else might. :)
>
> http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/Introduction.html

Interesting. I may well use this now and then.

It feels vaguely reminiscent of the Calculus of Cooperating Systems to
me, as well...

> component.  It's similar to what you're talking about but I don't know
> if it could do regex S&R.

A suitable regex-matching component could :)

--
`Some people don't think performance issues are "real bugs", and I think
such people shouldn't be allowed to program.' --- Linus Torvalds
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk