[Gllug] Broadband Fair Use Policy

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Mon Oct 8 16:56:27 UTC 2007

Hi

Jason Clifford wrote:
> That does not actually state what the FUP is for option 3. It doesn't

I get the impression that the ISPs are being deliberately vague about
what "fair" means, so they can make it mean whatever they like to avoid
having to pay for transit. I ditched Tiscali when they started
complaining about our usage during peak hours (where peak meant 6pm-11pm
- the only hours I was actually sitting at my computer!)

Personally I think it stinks and anyone selling an unlimited package
that has limits should be made painfully aware of the trades description
act, or some such thing.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones