[Gllug] gnu-linux-friendly ISPs

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Oct 1 14:17:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 14:20 +0100, Don Williams wrote:
> Hi people - my ISP is making noises about offering me a freebie router
> if I upgrade to a cheaper service which may offer its "voice over
> broadband" in the not-too-distant future.
> 	I suspect motives: will there be a barring by this ISP of my intended
> use of VOIP in that future?
> 	If I feel I must move to another ISP (in all respects my current
> provider is very efficient) which, in members' opinions, is the
> preferred or best-rated ISP for efficiency, support of open systems
> (particularly Linux) and cost-effectiveness?

Well UKFSN support Free Software systems, obviously including Linux, and
our services are cost-effective (well I think so).

There are several UKFSN ADSL customers on the list. Hopefully they will
indicate how satisfied they are with the service.

While we do offer a VoIP service we do not interfere with our customers
who choose to use a different one.

Jason Clifford
UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/