[Gllug] Sainsbury's Bank with Linux: online banking followup

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Oct 18 22:43:53 UTC 2007

On 16 Oct 2007, MJ Ray verbalised:

> Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
>> [MJR, I notice that Sainsbury's Bank's Online Saver isn't on your
>>  wonderfully comprehensive list of Linux-compatible accounts. Feel
>>  free to add it.]
>
> Thanks.  I've added it to http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/2007/banking

It's nice to see that the list is so large, I must say. (Most of the
banks on there seemed to be current accounts, though: this isn't.)

> along with a note that it requires Javascript.

Do any banks *not* require Javascript these days? Even *textual*
browsers implement a lot of JS, and I'd be hard pressed to implement a
useful web UI for something bankish without at least a *bit* of JS...

> Please let me know any more details I should post, but I may not
> answer comments for a few days.

It almost certainly needs cookies: at least it's handled me one expiring
in 2017, containing my IP address and two identical time_t values
indicating when I last logged on.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk