[Gllug] Dell poweredge 4400 - Not seeing drives (even in BIOS utility)

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:06:17 UTC 2007

Hi People,

I bought a (very cheap) used dell poweredge 4400 with  7 SCSI disks -
3 * 4GB, 4 * 32GB all Seagate Cheetahs.

But it seems that no matter which ones I put in, or in what order they
are never found/recognised by either software or the Adeptec SCSI bios
- The system was being used  up to when I bought it and there are no
signs of errors - all the lights are green, no funny noises,
everything looks ok, but the drives don't seem to be recognised, I've
even checked the connections and they all look fine.

Help??!?!

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk