[Gllug] Trademarks now

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 14:05:34 UTC 2007

It is all happening today ... :-(

I have just received a letter from some solicitors, essentially a take down notice for
abuse of a trade mark.

The essential paragraph reads:

	We have been approached by our client in relation to your use of his registed trade
	mark on the web-site www.phcomp.co.uk. Our client takes the issue of intellectual
	property rights very seriosly and shall take all necessary steps to protect and
	enforce his rights in this regard. However, Mr. Forsey also realises that it is in
	neither pary's interest to become involved in protracted and costly litigation
	and it is perhaps time to move on. He is therefore willing to waive his right
	to legal remedies in return for the removal of his trade mark from your web-site.

Also demand to reply by 2 nov and may look to me for damages and costs.
Copy of trade mark 2447435 dated 22 Feb 2007. Trade mark 'Terry Forsey'.

The page in question is:
	http://www.phcomp.co.uk/CampaignsAndEvangelism.php
about 1/2 way down, just before '9/11 - the debate'.
It is a link to a web site that a friend put up as part of a long running dispute
with Terry Forsey.

I don't see how I can be accused of infringing his intellectual property, I use
the two words but make no attempt to profit off them or pass myself off as him.

Comments ?

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/