[Gllug] Trademarks now

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Oct 27 10:18:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 03:05:34PM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> It is all happening today ... :-(
>
> I have just received a letter from some solicitors, essentially a
> take down notice for abuse of a trade mark.
>
> The essential paragraph reads:
>
> 	We have been approached by our client in relation to your use of his registed trade
> 	mark on the web-site www.phcomp.co.uk. Our client takes the issue of intellectual
> 	property rights very seriosly [...]

But apparently not spell-checking nor any understanding of the law.

> Comments ?

Get them to send a registered letter to your solicitor.  If you don't
have a solicitor, get them to send you a registered letter to some
address.  In the unlikely case[1] that they send you a registered
letter from an actual solicitor then you may decide what to do.

Rich.

[1] probability: ~ 0.01% I would estimate

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk