[Gllug] Monthly broadband?

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 22 15:52:04 UTC 2007

On 22/10/2007, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:
> I have a friend who is coming over to the UK for just 2 months and
> wants broadband during this time.
>
> There are several factors that could make this tricky -- she doesn't
> have a UK credit card (but she does have a CC), she would prefer to
> have the thing set up and working as quickly as possible after
> arriving, and of course she only wants it for two months.
>
> Any ideas or tips?
>
> Rich.

All ADSL requires a BT landline (even LLU) which you can only get on a
12 month contract. Non-BT solutions are cable (no idea) and 3G
broadband things which also have a 12 month contract.

I don't know of a way round this - I ended up with 3G broadband (which
from vodafone is horribly filtered) as BT wouldn't give me a landline
without paying them lots of money, and my street isn't cabled.

Caroline
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk