[Gllug] Monthly broadband?

Alex Smith asmith at asmhosting.com
Mon Oct 22 16:57:01 UTC 2007

> All ADSL requires a BT landline (even LLU) which you can only get on a
> 12 month contract. Non-BT solutions are cable (no idea) and 3G broadband
> things which also have a 12 month contract.

Not true[1], but you tend to find the people that do provide you the line
(even if it still run's over BT's copper) still tie you into a contract.
Maybe being pedantic but it's not really a BT Landline unless BT are billing
you for it.

Cable's term is 12 months.

Is there already a phone line there that can be used? Maybe speak to Enta, I
believe they do month by month - I know some of their resellers do.

Alex

[1] Orange has just started doing this and taking over the BT phone line in
the same style that Bulldog (shudder) used to do. 18 Month Contract
though... http://www.orange.co.uk/time/broadbandmax/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk