[Gllug] Linux Certification Opinions or facts please?

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Sun Oct 21 10:39:30 UTC 2007

Alexandre de Abreu wrote:

> I earned LPI Cert level I and II in 2003, but I believe they are only
> asking about 2.6 kernels now. There is a Wiki content about the
> certification development, you can found a maillist there, maybe there
> will be more information about that. I was searching for that and
> found some Wiki books**, maybe interesting.

Thanks, useful.

> Anyway, IMHO, if you think about investment, think about RHCE, your
> staff will learn more.

We are strictly Debian. I don't much like RH or derivatives (personal
taste - no flames invited). Not keen on SuSE either.

But of course you are right, RHCE is more commercially useful.

I will definitely consider this. I can see the LPI being a useful precursor.

Thanks for all your comments.

MeJ
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk