[Gllug] Linux online banking yet again, especially with Konqueror

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Thu Oct 4 17:32:36 UTC 2007

Hi

Panos Savvas wrote:
> SecureID's are not distinct to users but interchangable (as I understand -

They're for two-factor authentication, so they may not be
interchangable, but they do indicate a greater chance that the user
logging on is trustworthy.

> is this true?) . Is this NATWEST calculator more secure in that it uses some
> code on the chip to generate numbers unique to the user?

It appears to use your debit card and PIN to generate the number.

> Also the lack of portability at least encourages users not to use online
> banking from multiple machines.... a security feature? ;)

My primary machine is a laptop, which is highly portable thanks :)

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net