[Gllug] PCI wifi Interface recommendations

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:10:53 UTC 2007

You definitely want something that doesn't have to resort to binary
blobs to get full functionality (my own Broadcom wifi card springs to
mind) because of the extra steps (usually requiring internet access,
which you don't have because your wifi card doesn't work...) you need
to take.

You might want to shop around on price once you've selected a product
though - linux emporium tend not to be the cheapest supplier around...

Pete

On 18/09/2007, Simon Perry <gllug at si-designs.co.uk> wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >> hi Guys,
> >>
> >> I need to get a PCI Wifi card and was wondering if anyone could
> >> recommend a make/model that might work with Linux ? Something that
> >> supports 802.11g please :) I have > 11mbps on my Internet link now.
> >
> > I suppose a usb interface will work fine as well.... are those an easier
> > / better bet ?
> >
> Similar old threads have always suggested
>
> http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/wireless/
>
> Not used them myself though.
> --

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk