[Gllug] PCI wifi Interface recommendations

Alex Smith asmith at asmhosting.com
Tue Sep 18 13:12:32 UTC 2007

>I suppose a usb interface will work fine as well.... are those an easier
>/ better bet ?

I use a Belkin USB (F5D7050 Version 3) one, supported by the rt73 drivers
(manual compile though) works very well under Ubuntu 7.10 so far. Zydas
based rt25xx one's work quite nicely too - don't have a model number for
those though.

If you do look at the Belkins, make sure you get a v3 one, v4 isn't
supported yet if my memory serves me correctly.

Neither have any issues pulling max speed from my connection (which is via
Be and run's at ~17mbit) with WPA enabled :)

HTH

Alex

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk