[Gllug] No Expo this year

Steven Goodwin steev at tuls.pauken.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 15:52:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 12:45:25PM +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:
> Don't make it a speaking event. People tend not to want to attend those
> very much and it's just too hard to get enough of the right kind of
> speakers to cover the spectrum of what people are interested in.

I disagree. I think people like speaking events - they just don't like
the speakers Gllug often gets <gd&r> But this in turn is probably due to
the range of events (and disparate experience levels) available in
to a single lecture room.

> Perhaps some kind of Free Software party or other big social event would
> work (after all the only thing people really want is a social gathering
> and maybe a beer) but organising this would take quite a lot of
> dedication, time and effort.

If that's all you want, then pick a pub, book a room, and announce it.
Like Lonix really :) Why should people come to your pub meet rather than
any of the others they might have on Saturday night?

S.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk