[Gllug] LLU / ADSL

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 21 09:11:38 UTC 2007

>   I see that there may be an official push for fibre to cover the last mile.

There is - Stephen Timms MP is imploring BT and Virgin Media amongst
others to bring us up to a competitive position with our European
neighbours (I went to the Broadband Stakeholder Group meeting on
Tuesday evening where he made his announcement) re fibre etc. Wiring
that Swedish pensioner's home so she had a 1.21 jigawatt connection
got tongues wagging I think...

The BT programme to bring this all to fruition is called 21CN if you
want to read up on - it's all going to be bloody expensive for someone
though... there's a lot of copper to be replaced
Pete

--
'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk