[Gllug] Kickstart and ReiserFS

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Fri Sep 7 12:42:41 UTC 2007

I am trying to create a standard automated build for my current company
based around CentOS-5 and Kickstart.  However one of the requiretments
is ReiserFSv3 which is not supported by the stock Kernel.

It seems that in CentOS-4's plus repo there is kernel with ReiserFS
support according to this[0] but I can find no mention of similar in
CentOS-5.

Has anyone done anything similar with CentOS/RHEL?

I am wondering if I can just drop the new vmlinux and initrd.img into
the pxe boot folder or do I need to start modifying and recompling
netstg2.img too?

Would it be better in the long run to use a differnt distro or wean them
off their ReiserFS dependencies...:-?

Many thanks

[0] http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/centosplus/Readme.txt
--
Peace Jim :-)

 I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
 with sense, reason and intellect, has intended us to forego their use.
 --Galileo

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk