[Gllug] Debian kernel compile help please?

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Thu Sep 27 11:12:05 UTC 2007

I am experimenting with Debian kernel compiles, primarily to get iSCSI
target:

http://iscsitarget.sourceforge.net/

- working on Etch.

I am fairly new to this (though not to Debian).

I have been playing with building from source using kernel.org (which
seemed to work) and using source from Debian Backports.

I am using the debian kernel build method.

My builds of source from the backport at:

http://packages.debian.org/etch-backports/linux-source-2.6.22

are ending with:
"
dpkg-genchanges: binary-only upload - not including any source code
  signfile linux-source-2.6.22-myc31_2.6.22-myc31-10.00.Custom_i386.changes
gpg: skipped "Unknown Kernel Package Maintainer": secret key not available
gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: secret key not available

dpkg-buildpackage: binary only upload (no source included)
(WARNING: Failed to sign .changes file)
make: *** [stamp-buildpackage] Error 1
"

The *.debs seem to be OK.

- Should I worry about the message(s)?
- Where can I find more info on this (Debian specific) error and
resolution? Googling has not helped much...

All kicks in the right direction appreciated.

MeJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk