[Gllug] [OT] SSH or VPN?

Tom Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 17:38:07 UTC 2007

Dan Kolb wrote:

> Yes. Take a look at ssh port forwarding: you'd ssh to their server, and say you
> want to forward the remote host's port to something on your local end, and then
> connect your RDP to localhost:3389 (f'rexample).

Sure, but what they'll want is an easy way to a) automate it, and b)
make absolutely sure all we can do is forward that port.

For the VPN they have dinky little atomic clock devices synchronised
with the server, that provide half of the password. It would be nice to
show them similar for SSH.

Cheers,
Tom

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk