[Gllug] RAID1 during Ubuntu Install

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 11:29:10 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, James Roberts <jr at stabilys.com> wrote:

> This is just my experience with Ubuntu - it's wonderful until I want
> something that is not in the box, when it turns out to be easier to use
> Debian stuff (which then breaks Ubuntu slightly).

The alternate CD seemed indeed to be the Debian Installer; the only
difference was that tasksel gives a "Desktop" setting which brings in
all the standard stuff on the live CD.

One thing I have noticed is that ssh connections from the two Ubuntu
machines I've used seem to have a significant delay, almost as if it
were doing rDNS checks or something.  I couldn't see any obvious
differences comparing the ssh configs with my Debian machines, or my
Centos ones.  Has anyone had the same experience, or know of the fix
(if fix is the correct term)?

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk