[Gllug] Routing / IPCop

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Sep 26 17:19:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 17:57 +0100, Juergen Schinker wrote:
> > If you are bonding non-MAX lines you can expect a significant
> > improvement in both upload and download. Bonding MAX doesn't always work
> > so well for the download but does for upload.
>
> well it wouldn't make sense from the same provider ...

You are mistaken.

ADSL Bonding only works if both lines are from the same provider. It's
necessary for the connections to be bonded at both ends.

> just try 2 different Provider that works

That can provide a form of resilience but it is a lot more complicated
if you want to spread the load across multiple lines.

> or even cooler one wired and one wireless

If latency isn't an issue using a wireless connection is OK. Usually
however latency is an issue.

> Vodafone offers in certain Areas 7.2 Mbit down with Flat 7GB..

Has anyone actually had that though? I keep hearing that mobile speeds
never really exceed 2Mb and usually don't exceed 1Mb.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk