[Gllug] SIGSEGV error

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Sep 1 11:49:31 UTC 2007

On 1 Sep 2007, t. clarke spake thusly:

> I am as guilty as any of using single-character identifiers (a la  a,b,c)
> but maybe the Standard should compel at least 4 characters so code is easier
> to understand ??

The Standard *does* in fact stipulate that only the first six
case-insensitive characters of any identifier with external linkage need
necessarily to be considered when determining if identifiers are unique:
but in practice systems with such crappy linkers are quite incapable of
linking C++ code, for instance, and are more or less dead.

I'd prefer C to move to requiring decent indentation so that I could
really whale on those idiots among my coworkers who believe that it's
up to *other* people to indent properly; they can just slam their code
straight down the left-hand margin for `speed'.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk